Second Life?

Whats good everybody, I got another one of those weeks where school is going to be a very big challenge for me. I have test on Thursday that is very important but all I can think about is spring break next week. Senioritis seems to be coming a year early haha. But anyways, this week in class we took some time to check out a virtual reality game called second life. This was a pretty interesting experience for me because like most of y'all who keep up with my blog know I'm not the biggest gamer. For Monday's class we went to a computer lab to go play the game second life. I honestly forgot the fact that we were going to the computer lab to do this so I had showed up to my normal classroom only to find that no one was there and a note on the door reminding those who have bad memory like myself that we would be elsewhere for class. When I got class I shared a computer with two of my friends and started to explore the game of second life.

Second life was a very interesting game. It wasn't the most realistic because out character had wings and could fly. In the game you are able to interact with other users who are online. Conversation with others can be as personal as you want it to be because you just type what you want in a chat box. The only thing that we were trying to figure out the whole time was how to dance. By the end of the class period we had all of the free dance moves that you could do down. After being on second life I understand why second life is a big part of some peoples lives.

Second life gives you the opportunity to be who you want and do what you want. Now i personally will never get on second life again unless I have to do it for any of my current or future classes, but I can see the appeal. If I was someone who didn't have many friends in my real life I could see myself being on second life. There were a lot of different people interacting and seemed like they were experienced in playing the game. I think second life can be very beneficial if you don't let it consume your life. Let me know what you think in the comments below if you have played second life or know what it is!

Comments